June by the Tolka – Music & Song With Claire Watts!
June 14 @ 8:00 am - 9:00 pm
Join us for a pleasant evening of music & song on the banks of the Tolka.
A wonderful way to end the working week, and begin the weekend.
Tickets: €12 | Family friendly and accessible.
Hilke Billerbeck from Hambourg | 7 June 2019 @ 8pm
Claire Watts from Co. Clare | 14 June 2019 @ 8pm
Clara Buteler from Argentina | 21 June 2019 @ 8pm
Claire Watts is a shining talent based in beautiful Milltown Malbay on Ireland’s west coast. Her music is reminiscent of the landscape from which it comes. Her intense, emotional lyrics are cradled by lilting melodies and lush music. Her songs teeter between sweetness and nostalgia, familiarity and wildness.
Built on a foundation of traditional Irish music and a wide variety of musical training and influences throughout her career, Claire’s music is at once fresh and experienced. It is infused with a deep emotional undercurrent, which caused renowned Cork Singer-songwriter, John Spillane to remark that, “You’d have to have a heart of stone not to be moved by these songs.”
Claire’s latest album, Landmark, was released in June 2018, and is available on all digital services. She is currently working on a new release for next year.
- Hot Press: hotpress.com/music/claire-watts-releases-album-announces-irish-gigs-22582838
- “Claire Watts is a lovely singer with a clear, honest and beautiful voice.
You’d have to have a heart of stone not to be moved by these songs.” John Spillane 2016
- “Claire Watts’ Landmark is a warm and woody musical journey from start to end. Americana and celtic influence meets great songwriting and accomplished musicianship. Warm weather front porch music, timeless and beautiful.”
Rohan Healy – Rhythm & Roots, 103.2 Dublin City FM
- “Irish folk singer Claire Watts has a knack for writing love songs that sound as old as the hills. The title track from her new album Landmark is a gentle heartfelt tribute to the love of her life, the man who is her “North Star”and “compass of my heart”. Add a bright acoustic guitar and the backing vocals of husband Gerry Hegarty as part if the equation and the result is a song that will be appreciated by fans of Ciara Sidine and Sandy Denny.” Hans Werksman HCTF Blog
- Following the release of “Dreaming Out Loud”, Claire has played in such venues as Roisin Dubh in Galway, Bath Folk Festival, The United Airlines Belfast Nashville Festival (Belnash), Kenny’s Lahinch and Whelans Dublin.
She has played support to Brendan Mc Cahey, Sean Keane and Mundy and played alongside Fox jaw and Changing Trains in HMV Limerick.
- Teaser: new video this Friday: https://www.facebook.com/clairewattssongs/videos/328655977780254/
- Landmark (A love song): https://youtu.be/KT01tL9bYgA
- My heart lies in Miltown Malbay https://youtu.be/3I1pakYAd5U
- Angels Roost (for her son Jack) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtVT63axqyQ