Poets As Mystics With Anne O’Reilly
September 22 @ 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm€50
- Pay attention. Be astonished. Tell about it. (Mary Oliver)
- Poets As Mystics
- What four poets have to teach us about the heart of everything.
- Tuesdays 4.00 – 6.00pm | 22 & 29 September, 6 & 13 October 2020 | Booking on Eventbrite
- Suggested Donation €50
- Mysticism has been described as the art of union with reality. This four week online course with Anne O’Reilly will explore the writings of poets who offer different approaches to the mystic vision, taking inspiration from Rainer Maria Rilke, Mary Oliver, Leonard Cohen and Marie Howe. Classes will be reading and discussion based, with input and opportunities to dialogue creatively with the poems.
- All texts will be provided via email. No previous experience of poetry or mysticism is required, but will be most welcome.
Anne F. O’ Reilly Ph.D ~ Teacher ~ Writer ~ Mystic
Anne’s life is a commitment to serving, celebrating and cultivating the languages of the heart through poetry, mindfulness and creative writing. For almost thirty years she was a lecturer in Religious Studies and her qualifications span the fields of education, theology, spirituality, drama, literature and writing. She compliments her rich academic background with diverse trainings in spiritual development, voice, poetry by heart, sacred clowning, drama and meditation. Besides her academic writing she is also a published poet, renowned for her ability to speak poetry from the heart. Anne’s courses offer a unique and transformative path towards mindful living.
For more about Anne and her work see www.anneforeilly.com