October 26 @ 7:30 pm - 9:00 pm€10
New Vision, New Hope: Adult Faith for the 21st Century #2 – With Diarmuid O’Murchu MSC
The Synodal experience of recent times is evoking for many people of faith a desire to be more involved in adult conversations round the meaning of faith today. To that end, this 4-week programme will explore the changing nature of Christian faith within the evolving world of the 21st century.
Some of the topics that will be explored include:
– What we mean by Adult Faith Development and how it is different from the prevailing practices of religion.
– Why many people are abandoning religion, while others want to understand it more deeply and practice it in a different way.
– What forces are at work in our world challenging us to understand religion differently.
– How we understand Jesus and the Gospels in the context of Adult Faith Development.
– What it means to be a spiritual seeker in the 21st century.
– What different kind of Church is being sought out by spiritual seekers of our time?
This programme may be of interest to anyone entrusted with adult faith development in parishes and other religious organizations or involved in catechetical programmes seeking to reach adults as well as children. It may also appeal to those who feel disillusioned with Church practice and conventional religion and those who no longer follow a mainline religion but experience a spiritual hunger for meaning.
The presenter is Diarmuid O’Murchu, missionary and social scientist, who has facilitated programmes on Adult Faith Development in many parts of the world. For more information, see his website: www.diarmuidomurchu.com
- Organiser: Diarmuid O’Murchu